Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Latest

Alright, baby booties! I got an "order" for a couple pairs of baby booties and hats from one of the parents at work. I will get working on them right after this...

Have been busy yarn shopping. I went back to The Quarter Stitch last Sunday (what? something open on Sunday in New Orleans? in the French Quarter, no less?). Of course, I spent a bunch of money. I got 400 yards of Jitterbug yarn in a beautiful green colorway (I love that word!), that is a very tiny weight. I'll have to experiment with what to knit with it, but I'd love to do some children's hats and mittens. I was inspired by one of the kids in my class (the one whose mom got me started on this whole knitting for kids thing). I also bought some Lamb's Pride worsted in Orange You Glad (love it!) and Brite Blue to go with my dark blue LP I've had for years. I was inspired by another child's clothing to do orange and blue stripes. My first attempt, a hat, is not my favorite, but I'll try some more.
Even though it's really basic, I like the way Lamb's Pride looks both in the skein and knitted up. Just not crazy about how the colors came out. Maybe orange as an accent color next time.

I also figured out something at the last minute to knit up for my little cousin who is turning three this week! Finger puppets! Kids love this kind of stuff. I found a pattern online, and used some yarn I had in my stash (OK, plus a bit of what I bought today at Garden District). Here's the pattern. And here they are:
I'm looking forward to improving on these, and expanding the ideas! These could be a lot of fun, and potentially profitable! We'll see.

Any ideas for names for my brand/company? I'm just not clever enough.

(I apologize for the over-usage of parentheses in this and other posts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment