Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Distractions

Well, I haven't been very productive with knitting this last week. Here are a few reasons:
We are fostering a mama dog and her puppies. The puppies were born Saturday, March 27, so as I'm writing, they are just over two weeks old. We had a sad day on Sunday when the runt died from respiratory problems. There was much effort to save her (by the wonderful woman who owns/runs Zeus' Place and her connections in the pet/vet world), but Runty just couldn't make it. The other three pups and Mama are doing well. All are eating plenty and the pups are growing everyday. It's interesting to watch the changes in the pups, as well as the changes in the relationship between our dog Ruby and the Mama and the relationship between Ruby and the pups. She has gotten so interested in them, and wants to sniff them all the time! More pics to come soon!

Also, there will be knitting once again.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that Runty didn't make it ...

    Such a cute momma and pups. Wish I could take one, but my dog won't share me. I think the two cats would also have fits!!!
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete