Saturday, January 30, 2010


I went to the Palmer Park Arts Market today, where several people had knitted goods for sale. Just as I was saying to Nick (the man) that I feel like it's lame to see people selling a bunch of garter stitch scarves at an arts market, we saw a booth with some really nice knits. Of course, I completely forgot to get a card or ask her any questions. I guess I didn't want to stick around making her think I might buy something, when I was just admiring/getting ideas. Yeah, stupid, I know. BUT the cool thing was that she complimented me on the hat I was wearing. She seemed truly impressed, and then asked if I made it. Whee! Yes, I'm lame. But a compliment from someone who knows knitting is pretty nice. It is a cabled hat pattern I found online, made with Malabrigo worsted yarn in 51 VAA, which is still one of my most favorite yarns (at least that I've ever purchased/worked with). We had a pretty hard time photographing the hat, probably because New Orleans decided we should actually have some winter weather, and the sun has gone away today. That's why the photo was taken inside with the flash. The color is much more beautiful in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment