Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'm back!

Phew! Well, it's a good thing nobody really reads this, because I've have a crazy week and neglected the blog. I didn't get to do a whole lot of knitting this week, either.


The main event: Monday, February 1st: Nick proposed marriage, and I said yes! Well, I actually said, "of course," but you get the idea. So I spent the week celebrating, calling people, doing regular work-week things, and then attending med prom. For the record, prom when you're an adult: more booze, but less fun. At least I got to show off my gorgeous ring. He did an amazing job! (Photos courtesy of my fiancé!) And how great is he, that he gave me the gift of this knitting book before he gave me the ring!




OK, on to the knitting. I've finally started the scarf for my future mother-in-law (!). If the yarn looks familiar, it's because it's the same Trabajos del Peru that I used for the fingerless gloves. I settled on the Yarn Harlot's One Row Scarf. It's simple and lays flat and I couldn't settle on anything else. More pics once it's all done. I should get a good portion done during the Superbowl today, since our viewing will be so low-key. (I recently learned that some people are highly offended by knitting during the game- yikes!)



Geaux Saints!

2 comments:

  1. I love the scarf, too! It saved me in Ann Arbor, Michigan this past weekend!

    ReplyDelete