Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day Dreaming...

My list of knitting/crafting blogs I follow is getting longer, and I enjoy reading about others' endeavors in life and craftiness. In the past couple of days, I've been reading a blog by Alicia Paulson, Posie Gets Cozy. She lives in Portland, Oregon and sells her handmade crafts and design patterns online. She's pretty well-known in the craft/handmade world, and I enjoy reading about her life, which includes much crafting.

I don't know if it's just because my job is not the best right now, or because I'm spending so much time reading/thinking about knitting- probably some combination of both- but I keep day-dreaming about a future of either working at a job part-time, and selling knit goods, or just being one of those crafty stay-at-homes who is able to make a living off of knitting. Especially when I become a mommy (many years from now). I mean, I'll be married to a doctor, right? haha... I'm not sure what to do with my day-dreaming. I guess just put the idea on the back-burner for now.

But... at work this morning, the mom of the sweet, wonderful, blossoming (not sarcasm in this particular case) NK brought gloves for him to wear, but mentioned that "he's not good with the fingers." I told her that most three-year-olds are not. She mentioned trying to find fingerless gloves for him, and I mentioned that I could probably make them. She asked about whether they unravel when you cut them, not knowing what I meant. Naturally, I had to retrieve my mitts (see previous post) from my purse to show her. She was stunned that I made them, and said she had just bought her six-year-old daughter a pair similar to those for 40 dollars! I mean, that is just too much for someone to spend on something like that, especially for a kid, but this lady does. I wanted to make up some prototypes immediately. She even said I should sell them on ebay. I guess there are shops there, like on etsy. Hmmm....I suppose I need to do some investigating. I mean, kid knits are so small (read: cheap/quick to make), and you can have so much fun with them. Alright, time to put my designer shoes on. Well, not tonight. Too much wine.

So many ideas!

So many ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment